Thursday, June 5, 2008

Heat Transfer Images Using Opals Embossing Enamel VIDEO

Google have finally freed my little how to on making the Opals Embossing Enamel transfers after 8 days.I had to upload part one five times before it finally got there all in one piece.When you are using images take care you are not breaching anyone's copyright.Also take care with melted Opals as you can burn yourself with them or if you use metal objects to pour the melted Opals thru or into etc(the metal retains the heat longer then you think).Use tweezers if you need and be patient in letting them cool again.I always leave a cm or two of paper around the images as sometimes the Opals spill over the edge and can trap the paper so you can't remove it.IN the video I used the Franklin clear Opals Embossing Enamels but any of the lighter colours make transfers too though you wont be able to see thru them.I get my Opals here in Australia from Pipe Dreamink or overseas from After Midnight Art Stamps
I still can't watch them without hitting the mute LOL but if they help someone some place then that is good.You will note that the Franklin Opals is slightly orange in the videos when it is usually clear.That is because I ran out of the Franklin and used some that I had melted four or more times before and had over cooked it at some stage.As you can see by the others on my desk they are usually crisp and clear though.If you make a transfer that is not to your liking you can remove it off the Opals once it is all set and cooled by using a scourer on the transferred side and scrub away.If you want to make a large transfer or you are worried it may crack add some thinly chopped clear slow melt glue stick to the melting Opals.Just put it on top of the Opals as it melts and once the Opals melts rock the melt pot or skillet gently to mix it thru before pouring.Have fun and ask questions if you need or look at the other post below for still step by photos and more info.



14 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Annette your amazing and so very talented.I love watching your demo's and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful techinques
Jen

carole brungar said...

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this demo, it was really interesting and love your finished artwork!
:) Carole

Janine Davies said...

Great Tutorial Annette! Janine

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

HUBBA! HUBBA!!!!! I SO love these two videos you made of transfers . . . THANK YOU so much for sharing, Annette in OZ!!!!

sandyh said...

annette! you're such a talented woman...thanks for the videos. i do learn better by watching than just by reading. i liked the tip about using the heat gun to break up any little bubbles! thanks, sandyh

Karen Kay said...

Thanks so much for sharing your technique. You make it seem easy and fun, and I love your voice! Now to order some opals....

Sandie R said...

Annette, those were great videos, simple and easy to follow. I just love your blog with all the tutorial stuff. Have had my melt pot for must be 5 or 6 years now and I've used it once for UTEE and twice for beeswax. You have inspired me and I have subscribed to your blog.

texasbarb said...

Annette, YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for actually showing all of us how you do those cool Opals transfers!!!

And...I LOVE your voice!!! Never be ashamed of it!!!

Hugs and God Bless!!
Barb A

Sally said...

Thank you so much for that great demonstration.Very generous of you.
Sally

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for ANOTHER awesome demo!! Love it :)

Elaine Elwick Barr said...

Hi Annette!

Wow! That looks like toooo much fun! I haven't played with ep's in a long time..gosh, gonna have to break them out now! What fun for resin look jewlery! OMG! :)

Thank you, thank you!

Elaine

Cory said...

Love your video. Thanks for checking out my "Elements" resin bracelet on my blog. Looks similar to your process but not the same.

Cory

shauna said...

Love these video's Annette! DH did a great job :) You're correct about UTEE working for these as well. Suze Weinberg showed this a few years ago on Carol Duval and has the tech on her website. I recently got the Franklin Opals (I already had some colored Opals) because I wanted a very clear look. UTEE does turn a bit amber if heated too long. Of course if you want a more vintage look this can be good. Depends on the look you're going for. It's great to have choices! I bookmarked your wonderful blog and will visit often!
Shauna in Ohio

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Better late then never but thanks everyone!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...