Friday, December 26, 2008

Fusible Film Fun

AAAggghhhh I was supposed to be finishing a project I started in October/November today and got side tracked again when I went to move the Cuttlebug.For ages I wanted to try to run my Fiskars rubbing plates thru the Cuttlebug and stopped to give it a go.It worked a treat on black card so then I wondered how it would look all shimmery.Over at After Midnight Art Stamps Yahoo group some of the other folks have taken my ironing Opals embossing enamels to make Opals paper to arty depths.Jeni Calkins started making Fantasy Film stained glass looking Opals papers...the same way I did for my butterfly dancer wings that I posted in Oct 2007 except she uses small left over pieces not one piece
My Fantasy Film stash is nearly zilch at the moment but I had a heap of Angelina Fusible Iridescent Film that I got from The Thread Studio so I used that.I covered black card stock with Stewart Superior Black Palette stamp and stick glue pad.Heat activated the adhesive with the heat gun,tore the fusible film into bits and lay them onto the sticky surface.Then I ironed it to fuse it to the card stock,sprinkled on the Opals Franklin and ironed it again.After that I hit it with the heat gun to make it shiny.When it was cool I ran it thru the Cuttlebug using a Fiskars swirly rubbing plate.Oh La La it looked so gorgeous.
I decided to make it into a card.The Vintage image I used was an inkjet water transfer onto satin that had been treated with Inkjet set first...also from The Thread Studio.Of course I could have just printed the image straight onto the fabric treated with the Inkjet set but it was an image I had printed on cheap gloss card ages ago and my printer is out of ink at the moment.I stuck the image down with gel medium and then highlighted it with my NEW Caran D'Ache watersoluble Neocolor ll crayons in green and blue.Kaiser self adhesive pearls were stuck around her head and gold foil tape to the edges.Lastly I added my current fav quote "it starts when you sink into his arms and ends with your arms in his sink".

The hand made beads at the bottom are made with clear shrink plastic coloured with Shiva paint sticks and rolled into beads using the My Stamps Tweesta tool.I wish I could take a better photo of this as it is really shimmery and the colours change at different angles under the light.It reflects too much using the flash and it is night time now so these are taken with no flash under house lighting.I'll try to take one in daylight tomorrow and see how that looks.


Maybe tomorrow I'll get to the other project LOL

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Annette, this is fantastic. I bet it is totally gorgeous IRL. Thanks for the step-by-step.

Lorri said...

Gorgeous Annette, I love those colours!! Happy New Year to you :)

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Thanks Brenda and Lorri.Yep it its ever so pretty IRL.Happy New Year to you too Lorri
hugs
Annette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...