Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oriental/Asian Themed Shrine

We had a month of family visiting and then 2 weeks break and I finally got a few days to myself to complete the last three shrines we will make in New Zealand. The Engineer necklace shrine will be the first and this will be the second one. I went for some recycled elements and used an empty but clean sardine tin as the shrine base. It's an oriental or Asian themed shrine.
The door is etched metal.

 Frame holds an Pipedreamink Opals embossing enamel frame.

 Under the door is an inkjet water transfer to calico.


 Contents in the rear of the shrine.
 Just had to add a scroll LOL.

Will show you the last two shrines soon. My lovely nephew Craig and his lovely girlfriend Lisa have just arrived for a few weeks now....maybe its the Universes way of keeping me from freaking out about going to NZ to teach for the first time *grin*
hugs
Annette In Oz

5 comments:

Chris Arlington said...

Annette these are lovely! You know so many good transfer techniques. I love what you did with the inkjet water transfer. don't know how to do that.
You will be a sensation in New Zealand. You'll become so famous you'll have to quit your day job!
Have you ever thought about teaching art for therapy ? I know you are a nurse and thought that could fit right in.
Hugs, Chris

stregata said...

This shrine is absolutely amazing! So beautiful!!!

Suzanne said...

Really stunning, just blew me away, congratulations!

Sharon F said...

I can't wait to meet you at the retreat Annette! Have admired your work for a long time and am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh! Not long to go now....yippee! Sharon :)

Samantha Marshall said...

STUNNING!!! Wow!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...