Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blender Fluid How Too Make your Own - Tipnique Tuesday

Hi all
hubby is home till the 27th yeha. I also have my daughter Carlia here and her fiance Cory staying whom are  in my art room for the next two weeks so I shall do some how too's to make your own art products today and next week :o). Today for Tipnique Tuesday I'll tell you how to make your own blender fluid! It can be used with markers such as Tombows to blend colours with.

What You Need

  • 1/3 Glycerin
  • 2/3 Distilled water
  • 1/4 Teaspoon alcohol such as Isopryl alcohol available as Isocol in super markets and chemists.
  • Bottle with a dropper
How Too
Measure and pour all items in a dropper bottle. Gently shake to ensure all combined well. For Tombows and other markers remove the fine line tip/nib carefully with pliers using a twisting motion. Place drops of the blender fluid down the barrel and refit the nib. The solution can be used on coloured markers that have started to dry out to give them extra life or to refill a blender marker.
This is one recipe I have not tried myself so if you do give it a try let us know how it goes!! When my children where younger I collected allot of these tips and techniques on how to save money by making your own consumables for arts and crafts products. It helped me to not be tied to products and to think out side the square :o).
hugs
Annette In Oz

4 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool.. will try this.. have a dried up blender pen that will be just the ticket!

kelsey said...

This is a recipe that I too have had for years Annette, and no, I haven't tried it either. It will be good to know if it does work! :-)

Jen Crossley said...

Great Post Annette thanks for sharing xxx

Winnie said...

How fun! I have a bunch of dried out blender pens. I will have to locate some glycerin and give this a try. Thank you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...