Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Textured Cuttlebug Card Made With Opals

My niece has just had a birthday and I forgot to make her a card so I quickly made her one today.I had some of my thinner Opals embossing enamel paper that I made in the past on my desk so I put it thru the Cuttlebug several times changing the embossing folders each time as I moved them around the Opals paper.The base size was wider then the Cuttlebug feeding slot so once I had the Opals paper inside the embossing folder I bent the excess over the top,hold in place and fed it thru the Cuttlebug.It pops and cracks but comes out the other side with no great problem.At times when I do this there will be a white fold line showing so I just match the colour of Opals I have used with Luminarte Polished Pigments,add simple solution for plastic into the Polished Pigment and paint it over the Opals paper mark to repair it
This will give you the textured Cuttlebug card effect without having to tear and glue the Cuttlebug embossed card back down and cuts out the need to then paint over it with gesso to make it seamless.On the card below I worked out what stamp I wanted to use and it's approx size and then painted over the centre area on the textured Opals Cuttlebug base with pearl white acrylic paint so the painted area was about the same size as the stamp I wanted to use.The After Midnight art stamps Annette face stamp was stamped on white tissue with Brilliance Graphite black ink,heat set with the heat gun and then stuck in place with watered down PVA glue.I painted more pearl white paint around the face,coloured the lips and eyes with Polished Pigments,highlighted the lips and eyes with Plaid Dimensional Magic,added some Polished Pigment painted flowers and some Collections words to finish it off


3 comments:

Night Owl Designs said...

Annette, this is such a stunning card! I love it.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just beautiful!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Thanks Sephi and Gerrie
it is really shimmery and pretty.That face stamp is perfect for teenage girls too
hugs
Annette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...