Sunday, June 14, 2009

Angelina Film Play

There are some lovely iridescent films on the market and I love the Angelina and Fantasy Films.They change colour with heat and can be used with stamps,to trap layers using glitters,fibres,faux opal flakes,and so much more.As a Mum to three kids I am often ironing so I incorporate this with my crafting of course :o).Today after the ironing was done I made these two cards.The first one has a Vintage image that has been printed onto bleached calico with an inkjet printer.The calico was treated with Inkjetset first to stop the colours bleeding and make it waterproof.I get it from The Thread Studio.At the edges I ironed on some scraps of Angelina Film(also from the Thread Studio) and then ran just the edges thru my Cuttlebug to emboss them with the swirly part.The image has some mica on top held in place with a brad and a Romance metal word at the bottom tinted with Ranger alcohol inks


This second one has more Angelina film ironed onto black card stock using Opals Franklin embossing enamel as the glue(Opals paper).I then ran the whole thing thru the Cuttlebug using a swirl embossing folder.In the centre there is a Franklin Opals transfer of a vintage image.The wire words and the metal corner trims are tinted with Ranger Alcohol Inks.The holey part under the image was done when I had set the iron too high and ironed some Angelina Film between baking parchment and had not realized...it was too hot and made it melt into honeycomb style holes....I liked it LOL so used it here.

AAHHH no Eggplant colour here LOL
hugs
Annette In Oz

5 comments:

Tracey said...

These are both lovely cards

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Thanks
a bit too yellow maybe but it sure is a big jump away from Eggplant LOL
hugs
Annette

Night Owl Designs said...

I love both of these cards Annette, the colours are so rich and vibrant! Yum!

Chris in Coquitlam said...

I am blown away ! These are fantastic. I can't wrap my brain around how you cuttlebugged just the edges. I have a wizard and just use the cb envelopes.

Jen Crossley said...

These cards are just beautiful What no etching LOL only kidding
Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...