Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Steampunk necklace-The Time Keeper

Grant had a disused fob watch that the clock had stopped working in.So I snaffled it LOL.I pulled the innards out and filled it with ice resin, added the image with some watch bits and pieces stuck on it and the words "time keeper".

Here it is closer.

I had the great pleasure in dragging the talented and lovely Sarah away from her baking duties, to come to Bunning's with me to show me the things I needed, to help make my jewellery better.I now have a much anticipated Dremel at last, that Grant will put away for my birthday in a few weeks.I'm excited at that and can't thank Sarah enough for her help....thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Sarah.
We had some creatures visit tonight.There was a persistent dragonfly trying to get inside

and a lovely northern small eyed snake trying to catch something in the leaf litter outside.

I've had a few ice resin mishaps this last week.I had ice resined some bezels and had some resin left over so I scrapped it over some old paper.There was no more room on my desk so I put the resined paper on my chair.I went off to watch some Tv and then came back and sat to look across the bezels forgetting the resined paper till I stood and realized I had ice resined my bottom!!!Its not that easy to wash off and I had to sit awkwardly for ages till it wasn't sticky anymore LOL.AAAhhh life its never dull.
hugs
Annette In Oz

7 comments:

Oxana said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Lucy said...

Love this Annette, & so nice of Grant to donate his watch for art!
Don't know if I love the creepy crawlies though,but had a good laugh about your Ice resin behind!
Hugs Lucy

Jen Crossley said...

I love this one Grants a keeper

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

So, you "iced" your butt, huh??? You do realize that I am laughing mine off right now. That sounds like such a "rockin robin" kind of thing to do. GF...your jewelry pieces are off the chart. I like all of the latest ones..but this one? I WANTS IT NOW!!!! Just gorgeous. Love it almost as much as the tiny dancer that you did. You go GF!! Hugs, Rockin Robin C.

Gretz said...

Beautiful piece what a wonderful hubby you have ;-)

Glenda said...

Lovely piece. Hmmmm have ice resin not used yet and two fob watches, one my Dad's and the other Geoff's from our farming days. Well they wont be languishing in my drawer now for much longer. Thanks for inspiration Annette.

Samantha Marshall said...

An amazing piece!!! Love the fob.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...