Monday, November 21, 2011

Steampunk card plus Cream and Black Cards

When I was in New Zealand Joan gave me a book of anaglypta wall paper. I had tried for ages to get some here but it was sssoo darn expensive just for a piece so to receive this book as a gift took my breath away. It is full of heavily textured pages and you just want to run your hand all over it. While the house was mine today I made my way to my desk and pulled out a sheet of it. It has a slightly cream look so I decided to make some more cream and black cards using the anaglypta as the base. The image is from a Steampunk page I got from Altered Pages. I chose Martha as her name as she was surrounded by gears and cogs like the Martha Trizzy befriended in the Bunngings shop in New Zealand.

I love the texture all over this card


 Sing like nobody can hear...well its the only time I sing as nobody would want to hear me LOL. I added some black and cream stitching for a textured look to this one

 and dance like nobody can see was  the last one. This gorgeous bling trim was from a shop in New Zealand. It hasn't photographed well but the flowers at the bottom are silver glass like and I applied some Kindy Glitz to the center of each one plus some on her wings.

My room will be totally mine again from the 2nd of December...that's 11 days, 2hours, 10minutes and 5seconds away...but who is counting ROFL. Carlia and Cory will take the bed from the room with them. I'm hoping to get another solid table to go in there then so I can have a separate work area for jewellery making and the other for paper crafts. I'll be making another etched metal house to give away once I have my room back...maybe as a hanging necklace or maybe not...maybe round or maybe not....thinking thinking thinking...
Hugs
Annette In Oz

8 comments:

Christina said...

LOVE these cards Annette! I can't wait to see your next house take shape, especially now I have an idea about the metal etching. We had a fun weekend!

Lucy said...

Creations look FAB & aren't you lucky to get the wallpaper. I love anagalypta, it's has such beautiful texture & takes paint & sprays beautifully!
Hugs Lucy

Samantha Marshall said...

Te cards look fantastic, Annette. It will be great to have an extra room to create in!!!

stregata said...

Oh dear - I missed your birthday - but wishing you all the best still! We almost share the same date. Looking forward to the explosion of creativity, when you get back into your art space.

Trizzy said...

LOL Poor Martha!! That was so funny! Hope she recovered from her Aussie experience - we all had a good laugh that day! Your cards are just gorgeous Annette - my room is starting to take shape - reckon another week and I will be able to get in there to create too - YAY!

Eliza said...

Looks fantastic and I also love the anagalypta wallpaper it soaks up everything you throw at it.

Can't wait to see what your next house looks like I just looooovvvvvveeee them.

Barb said...

WOW! Wonderful art Annette! I hope you are enjoying playing in your own room now!

Jen Crossley said...

Your cards are awesome Annette.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...